Singularity News

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Jets and Nets - Tools for Disruption

Bruce Sterling at Wired Mag had a great post last month on the emergence of jet travel and the internet as radical technology that enables post-industrial society. Like Sterling, I have come to rely on both of those technologies to do my job (as a VP of Marketing for a software company in Austin) and follow my passion in building Singularity University.

I've logged over 100k air miles already this year and worn out one laptop. Yet I wonder how long I will be able to continue to rely on these technologies to accomplish my goals. My last trip to the UK was pushed back due to the terror scare a couple of weeks ago for example.

In the article from Wired, Sterling explores how these technologies can be used as tools for massive disruption. Wired 14.08: Posts

Return to Singularity University

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home